These groups will meet 7:30-8:30 pm each Wednesday in Lent, beginning February 29.
1) Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life: This small group will read the book of the same title, exploring together how to foster a greater understanding of compassion, and identifying ways to regularly practice compassion in personal and public ways. The author of the book is Karen Armstrong, a gifted and prolific author. We will join with reading groups all over the world who are seeking to bring compassion to the center of all we humans do in the world. This group will be led by Pastor Dan.
2) Intimacy, Faithfulness, and Human Relationship: Have you ever wondered how to explore God’s gift of physical, emotional, and spiritual intimacy with another person, outside of marriage? Join this small group to learn more about guidance we’re given in the Bible and Christian tradition about human sexuality and intimate relationships, talk with each other about the challenges of dating, and have a safe, open space to ask all the questions you’ve ever wanted to ask about this topic. This will be a safe space for people from both the hetero and GLBT communities. Single people of all ages are welcome. Led by Pastor Kate Reuer, Miriam Samuelson, Dan Olson, and Nancy Baker.
3) Restorative and Renewing Yoga: Bring a mat! Led by Siri Garnaas.
4) Movies and Discussion: Watch a movie (at Grace) and discuss! Led by David Anderson and Kitty Anderson.
5) Confirmation Class: Meets in Pastor Mary’s office during Lent.
6) Take This Bread: a book study on this book by Sara Miles, about her conversion to Christianity through taking communion. Jo Quanbeck is facilitating.