LCM COVID-19 Protocols
Given the necessity and importance of being together within the Christian tradition (Matthew 18:20), the call we have to love our neighbors, the concern we have for centering people who are marginalized (Matthew 25:40), and the importance of being safe in relationship to COVID-19, LCM-TC will:
- Worship together, in-person, at Grace University Lutheran Church. If it is no longer safe to do so per MDH or U of M recommendations, we will move online.
- Provide abundant opportunities to connect through outdoor community-building activities.
- Continue to connect outdoors or masked indoors with students on a 1:1 basis for connection and pastoral care.
- Remain flexible and aware of current COVID trends, MDH, and U of M protocol changes.
LCM-TC values and respects the knowledge and decisions made by MDH, the U of M, and our partner congregations near campus. In alignment with their requirements, our COVID policies for the Spring of 2022 include:
- Stay home when sick or exposed to COVID-19.
- Masking indoors, no matter one’s vaccination status.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, we’re asking that in addition to following the U’s policies, after 5 days you take a rapid test before coming to indoor LCM events. If you cannot access a test, please wait a full 10 days before returning to worship or meals indoors.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccines and boosters for all “sleep away” programs like retreats, spring break trips, etc.